Event Staff Training
- Complete the Emergency Action Plan for the specific venue.
- Distribute and review the completed Emergency Action Plan Worksheet with event staff and assign roles.
- The first trained adult on the scene will be the lead responder and will provide directions to the other responders.
- Provide a copy of the Emergency Action Plan at the scoring table
- Post a copy of the Emergency Action Plan near the phone.
- Review locations of AED’s on the school’s campus.
- Provide CPR and AED training.
- Provide handouts to participants.
- Play appropriate videos.
- Review the completed EAP Worksheet and discuss the proper response to life-threatening emergencies: Call 911, start CPR, retrieve AED.
- The first trained adult on the scene will be the lead responder and provide direction to the other responders.
- The Athletic/Activities Administrator will complete and provide the EAP Worksheet for home events.
- Review the location of AEDs on the school's campus.
- Reference the locations on the EAP Worksheet for Event Staff.
- Review EMS Access Points to event venues.
- Review location of the nearest land line phone.