Program Implementation: Getting Started
Who is Responsible?
The Athletic or Activities Administrator must oversee and coordinate Anyone Can Save A Life for after-school programs. However, he or she may want to enlist the help of a Program Champion to oversee training and implementation of the program. This person could be the school athletic trainer, school nurse, a coach or community member who knows the inner-workings of the athletic and activities program.
Athletic Administrator Implementation Checklist
- Review the in-person training DVD and online training at www.anyonecansavealife.org
- Choose the training method you will utilize in your school community (Option 1 or Option 2)
- Train Coaches
- Ensure Coaches turn in their completed EAP
- In-Person Training — Collect the hard copy of the EAP
- online Training — EAP will be sent via email to the AD and Coach
- Provide CPR and AED Training
- Contact local EMS if assistance is needed, or
- Utilize the Anyone Can Save A Life Training DVD
- Ensure you have access to at least one AED and that it is located in a central location close to your event and practice sites
- Complete the EAP for Events
- Talk through each site specific plan with your Event Staff